Ready to get your first toy? Choosing a sex toy can be an overwhelming experience, especially for people who are making this type of purchase for the first time. For one, it is easy to get intimidated by the sheer number of options on the sex toys website or the local store. It is easy to hit and miss. This is why you need all the information you can get to choose the best toy.
Thankfully, we have come long since our parents’ time and are now openly discussing sex and pleasure. The topic of wellness and self-care now includes a focus on sexual health. As a result, we can now freely explore our sexual desires without any fear of stigma and shame. For instance, you can freely inquire about sex toys from your local supermarket and be sure to get fantastic answers that guide you towards a great purchase.
That said, this guide will provide all you need to make choosing your first intimate toy a less daunting task.
Put Yourself First
The first step is to consider what you want. Before you go online or go to the local store, you should consider why you need to get your toy and what you plan to achieve with the toy. You should be clear about these factors because they will ultimately determine the best toy for you.
Common questions to ask include:
- Do you prefer internal stimulation, external stimulation, or both?
- What motions do you enjoy: thrusting, rotation, or vibration?
- What part of your erogenous zones turns you on?
When you have your answer, you can proceed. Be clear about what arouses you, the sensations that put you in the mood, and whether you want to use it solo or with a partner. Have clear answers to these questions to help you find the best toys. For instance, if you have orgasms from clitoral stimulations, a toy that focuses on the clitoris will surely be your best chance of maximum satisfaction.
Know Your Sex Toys
After having a clear understanding of your sexual desires, we recommend you get to know your sex toys. Even a bit of knowledge about what’s out there can be the difference between buying the right stuff or not.
Some popular options are vibrators, dildos, anal toys, cock rings, and Ben wa balls.
- Vibrators are sex toys that provide sexual stimulation through vibrations or pulses acting directly on sensitive erogenous zones. You can use them internally or externally on the clitoris, vulva, vagina, and penis. By providing constant stimulation, they create feelings of sexual pleasure that lead to orgasms. Popular examples on the market are wand and bullet vibrators.
- Dildos are sex toys designed for vaginal and anal penetration. They simulate the penis even though they may not always look like one. They come in different shapes, sizes, and materials.
- Anal toys are gadgets made specifically to stimulate the nerve endings in your anus. Popular examples include butt plugs, prostate massagers, and anal beads. They are typically used with lubes. When safely used, they can provide endless pleasure possibilities.
- Cock rings are toys designed to put pressure on the penis to slow blood flow out of an erect penis. This helps the man to keep his erection longer. People with erectile dysfunction can also find it useful, as it alleviates the symptoms of this condition.
- Ben Wa balls, also known as kegel balls, are small balls of varying sizes designed to be inserted in the vagina. They are tied together with a string that dangles to help the person handle it better. Ben Wa balls can stimulate the vagina, strengthen the pelvic wall muscles and make sex more enjoyable for the woman.
There are many sex types of sex toys, and these are just a few of the numerous sex toys you’ll find on catalogs of online sex toys or the shelves in the local supermarket. But with a little research, you can build your knowledge and guide yourself towards making a perfect purchase.
Like every other purchase you make daily, you also have to consider cost. If it is your first toy, we recommend you go for something that is not expensive. Finding the ideal gadget for you might take a bit of trial and error. With every purchase, you will know more about what your body likes. When you are sure that the sex toy does the job, then you can splurge on it.
However, you should note that price determines quality and safety. Not all toys are created equal. A fifteen-dollar sex toy is fifteen dollars for a reason. If you want a gadget that stands the test of time and provides a premium experience, go for money a little more expensive. But only when you are clear about your preferences.
Don’t feel pressured to find the perfect tool. Finding the best sex toy is easy when you know what you want. Embrace your desires, have fun, and eventually, you will have all the answers.
The Urban Woman Magazine Editorial Team is made up of seasoned writers and editors who have a keen eye for detail and a passion for all things urban. We strive to create fresh, original content that appeals to the modern woman. Our mission is to provide a platform for women to share their stories, experiences and opinions on various issues affecting their lives.