Urban Woman Magazine is a digital feminist magazine telling women’s stories and discussing topical issues from around the world. It is a safe and carefully curated space for women and by women. You can read more about us here.
We started as a safe space for women in Africa, however, the website soon evolved as we got readers from different parts of the world.
It has been a little over 4 years since we made our first post on this corner of the internet. We have been privileged to feature women from different walks of life and different parts of the world in Urban Woman Magazine. And now, we want to feature YOU.
Do you have an interesting story, feminist commentary, unique life experience to share? Or do you have a unique launch story, productivity routine, lessons you learned from starting your business?
Let’s hear from you.
But before then, let’s talk about a few things to keep in mind when sending us content.
- This is a no-brainer, but all articles sent to us should be original content. We do not publish content that has been published elsewhere.
- All articles should be written for women, by women.
- Content should NOT be longer than 2000 words.
- Feminist commentaries: We are a feminist publication and so, we would publish great content that revolves around feminism. Do you have unique feminist perspectives which you think people deserve to hear? Share it with us. Are there particular issues relating to women, bizarre laws in your region that don’t support gender equality? We want to hear all of it.
- Inspirational stories: Tell your story of your success (or failure). It can be in business, marriage, relationships, etc. Include takeaways. The article should be a balanced mix of theoretical and practical. Write from a personal perspective, and ensure the stories are rooted in experience.
- We love tutorials/step-by-step guides: Do you have a unique guide or tutorial you would love to share with our audience? Let’s have it. However, are not looking for basic guides like how to create a YouTube account.
- We love articles on trending topics: What is trending in your region? Who is the female tech CEO changing the world in your region? Is there a topic in the news which you feel a burden to write about? Ensure that the articles are well researched.
- Mental Health: The pandemic has upturned our regular schedule. We are all facing a new normal at the moment, and it may never return to how it was before. How do you think this would impact the mental health of women. More women are having to homeschool their children and juggle that with their work. How should they manage the situation? Are you starting out a new journey as an entrepreneur? What are the things you do to keep your mental health in check?
- Ensure that your article provides meaningful advice or shares new insight which we won’t easily find if we google it.
- Each article also has to have a clear beginning, middle, and end.
Submissions should be sent to [email protected].
We read every one of our emails and would be sure to send a response no matter how long it takes. Response time should be no more than 7 days. We would not publish your article if:
- It is too short;
- It is above 2000 words;
- The article is common knowledge and basic.
Good luck and welcome to Urban Woman Magazine.