No matter how much we love someone, there are some moments when it’s time to let go. These can be uncomfortable decisions for many people because letting go of something or someone is not always easy. However, holding on too tightly can cause a lot of pain and stress in your life as well as the other person’s life. If you keep holding on to someone who doesn’t want to be with you, it can result in a strained relationship.
If you have been having trouble letting go of a relationship or a person or a situation that just isn’t working out, then try saying these affirmations daily until they start to take effect.
1. I release all concerns about what other people think of me.
2. I release all need to control everyone and everything around me.
3. I release the belief that I am not good enough just as I am.
4. I choose to be in a constant state of self-love and self-acceptance no matter what is happening in my life.
5. I am willing to release all unhealthy attachments and relationships.
6. I willingly release all need for approval, appreciation and recognition from others that I may have out of a fear of being abandoned.
7. I choose to release my desire to change others.
8. I choose to see the perfection in everything around me no matter how chaotic it may appear to be.
9. I choose to release all need for logic and reason when dealing with my emotions.
10. I recognize that everything in my life is a reflection of something in myself.
11. I recognize that when I judge another, I am really judging myself and know that I can let it go because I am a being of love and light.
12. I know everything in life is a lesson meant to help me grow spiritually.
13. I release all need for control and trust that the universe will work out for my highest good and best interest.
14. I refuse to believe that any obstacle or problem is too big for me to overcome.
15. I am willing to release all need for certainty and the fear that I will never find it.
16. I choose to let go of all my frustrations and worries about what is happening right now at this moment.
17. I know every moment in life is an opportunity for me to create a new, joyous storyline for my life.
18. I choose to release all desire and attachment to having things turn out a certain way and know that whatever happens is the best thing for my spiritual growth.
19. I am willing to let go of any need for control and trust myself and the universe completely.
20. I release all concerns about what others are thinking of me and know that I am worthy of love just as I am.
21. I allow myself to be free of all negativity in my life, knowing that anything negative only holds me back from my true potential.
22. I know that no matter what is happening in my life or how much it may seem like the world is falling apart, everything is always working out for my highest good.
23. I choose to be willing to release all expectations of what people should do or how they should behave because I recognize that everyone is on their own path and it isn’t my place to judge.
24. I know no one else’s thoughts, feelings, words, actions or experiences can have any effect on me because I am inner-connected to the source of all life.
25. I know that my own feelings are true and real, even if no one else seems to share them.
26. I choose to release all desire for power over anyone, anything or any situation.
27. Allowing myself to be vulnerable and open-hearted with people is a sign of strength and courage, not weakness.
28. I release all need to be in control over my own life and trust that everything will work out for my highest good even if it doesn’t always seem like it’s going the way I want it to.
29. I am worthy of receiving all the good that life has to offer.
30. I choose to let go of my fears and know that nothing is real and no one can ever truly be harmed.
31. I am willing to see everyone as a reflection of myself and see all others with love even if I don’t understand them or their words, actions, or behaviours.
32. I know that all emotional pain is a result of my attachments to ideas, people, objects or outcomes and I am willing to let go of them for the well being of my soul.
33. I choose to see others struggles as their way of reaching out for help and love.
34. I can calm myself down with deep breathing and change my thoughts about any situation to make myself feel better.
35. I am willing to release all unhealthy relationships in my life, knowing that they are only draining me of my light and keeping me from being the best version of myself.
36. I see everything as a challenge for my spiritual growth and know that it can only serve me to become a better person.
37. In every moment of my life, I am growing into the best version of myself.
38. In every moment of my life, I am being upgraded from who I used to be and I’m becoming a better version of myself.
39. When I feel hopelessness or fear creeping up on me, I will remember that there’s nothing to fear and it’s all just an illusion.
40. I choose to be in control of my own life and not let outside influences determine how I feel or act.
41. I am thankful for every moment of inspiration and abundance in my life.
42. Every day brings new opportunities for spiritual growth and I choose to embrace them.
43. I know that only love is real, everything else in this world is just an illusion.
44. I am willing to let go of attachments and be free from all fear and worries about my life at this moment.
45. I understand that feeling good and living in the present is the way to resonate with the highest good for myself and everyone else.
46. I am willing to let go of my past mistakes so that they no longer have any power over me.
47. I know everything is working out for my highest good even if it doesn’t seem obvious right now.
48. I am not defined by my past.
49. Instead of seeing life as full of limits, I choose to believe that there are no limits and the possibilities are endless.
50. I am willing to forgive everyone for everything and trust that we live in a world full of second chances and fresh starts.
Peace Nero is a writer and blogger who loves to explore different topics of self-development. She shares her personal experiences in order to help people discover their true purpose in life.