Out of thousands who apply to become contestants of the Big Brother Naija House, only a handful of people get picked for the next stage of the auditions and this is due to a number of reasons.
From inability to communicate properly to lack of confidence on the part of the contestants, the reasons are vast.
Here are some reasons why you may not get picked to move to the next stage of the auditions.
1. Lack of confidence: Having a high confidence level ensures that your panelist takes you serious. Your confidence allows you portray the image of a person who has a lot to offer and is not shy about it. But while you are being confident, also be aware that there exists a thin line between self confidence and pride.
Try answering the questions of your panelists with confidence but not with arrogance. Any hint of arrogance may put them off. You need to watch your body language. What does your body language communicate?
2. You can’t speak simple and correct English: This is not the time to be talking with British, American and Slovenian accents all in one sentence. This is also not the time to speak what you do not understand.
Before you go for the auditions, master the art of communicating in simple and understandable English. While you are at it, vulgar language should be off your table.
3. You haven’t practiced introducing yourself: You need to practice introducing yourself. What do you do? What do you stand for? What are your ideals? What do you love to do during your spare time? What are your hobbies?
4. Desperation: Yes you need to be enthusiastic about being on the show, but no, you do not need to be desperate. Rather, focus on the importance of the show and how it would help you achieve your goals and aspirations.
You also do not need to look like some psycho before you are picked. Be sure to look as decent as possible.
5. You are not unique: You need to show the panelists a reason to pick you. Why do you deserve to be chosen out of the thousands present for the auditions?
When you are different from the pack, you standout and make the panelists interested in what you have to offer.
6. You aren’t early enough: There are going to be a multitude of people at the audition grounds, so you want to be there on time, as early as possible.
If you are being realistic, the panelists are humans too, and are bound to get tired at some point. So, how about you drag yourself to the venue on time, so you can be among the earliest interviewed contestants.
Other ways to beat the Big Brother Naija auditions and make it into the house is to:
Watch clips of past auditions;
Develop a fun persona;
Practice being auditioned;
Read wide. Don’t be an empty head.