This year’s edition of the historical Royal Wedding held on the 19th of May, 2018 between Prince Harry of the British Royal Family and Meghan Markle, a mixed race formerÂ AmericanÂ actress most noted for starring in the American hit Law series, Suits.
The couples decision to hold the wedding on a weekend went against Royal Family tradition as Royal Weddings are usually held on a weekday. Regardless, the venue of the wedding was at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, with a smaller ceremony and reception at St George’s Hall, the guest list included 600 people, most of whom had a direct relationship with the couple.
200 close friends of the couple attended the evening reception at Frogmore House. Also, approximately 1,200 members of the public were invited to greet the couple outside the chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle. Notable among the guests in attendance for the wedding were; David Beckham, Sarah, Duchess of York, the former wife of Prince Andrew, Suits co-stars Patrick J. Adams (with wife Troian Bellisario), Gabriel Macht (with wife Jacinda Barrett), Sarah Rafferty, Rick Hoffman, Gina Torres and Abigail Spencer, actors George Clooney (with wife Amal Clooney), Idris Elba and Tom Hardy, Oprah Winfrey, Priyanka Chopra and Carey Mulligan (with husband Marcus Mumford), television host James Corden, tennis player Serena Williams (with husband Alexis Ohanian), David and Victoria Beckham, musicians Sir Elton John (with husband David Furnish), James Blunt, Joss Stone, and rugby players Jonny Wilkinson and James Haskell. Megan’s close friend, stylist Jessica Mulroney (with husband Ben Mulroney) and Harry’s ex-girlfriends Cressida Bonas and Chelsy Davy were also in attendance. The only foreign royal guests at the wedding were Prince Harry’s friend Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, with whom he co-founded the Sentebale foundation to help AIDS-stricken orphans in Lesotho, and his wife Princess Mabereng. Needless to stay, it was a star studded event, although it didn’t pull as much International dignitaries as the 2011 Wedding between Prince William and Catherine Middleton. The only family member of the bride in attendance to the wedding was her mum, Doria Ragland, as her dad Thomas Markle was unable to make it for health related reasons.
Meghan Markle’s net worth
The former American actress whose net worth before the Wedding stood at about $5 million has seen quite the increase in financial fortunes to about $30 million amidst news of a proposed prenuptial with her husband, Prince Harry.
Meghan Markle’s new rules she has to follow
Notwithstanding, Meghan Markle gave up her California lifestyle to get married to Prince Harry. Of course being married to the Royal British Family has its perks, and of course it’s rules and regulations concerning the actions of the Duchess. Some of which are outright ridiculous, others are a bit reasonable. Here is the list of rules the Duchess of Sussex has to follow:
- Staying social media-free
- No Selfies
- No dark manicures.
- She would have to leave her acting career and focus on charitable causes.
- She now has to be a member of the Church Of England
- She will have to dress conservatively and never wear bright nail polish.
- She won’t be active politically. Not even active on social media
- She had to master the “Duchess slant” which is basically sitting with her ankles crossed or her knees together and never have her legs crossed in public.
- She also doesn’t get the special treatment of becoming a citizen of Britain. She has to live in Britain for 5 years before becoming a citizen.
- She can’t eat shellfish.
- She can’t hug the members of the public.
- She can’t go to bed before the queen if they are under the same roof.
- She has to always wear nude tights when she is in public.
- She can’t put on blacks clothes, but has to carry black clothes in her suitcase whenever she travels out of the country in case a member of the royal family dies before she gets back.