There is so much to learn from Diane Von Faustenberg. Diane Von Faustenberg is a Belgian fashion designer who is known for her wrap dress. She owns the Diane Von Faustenberg fashion company which is available in 70 countries and is headquartered in Manhattan.
She has been listed as one of the most powerful women in the world by Forbes and has been inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame.
Here are some quotes by the fashion icon:
- I am not allowed to be afraid. My mother made me like that. As a child, if I was afraid of the dark, she would lock me in the closet. Things like this. And she would talk about the time she spent in the concentration camp, but not about being afraid, only about the good side of it.
- I never knew what I wanted to do, but I knew the kind of woman I wanted to be.
- I’m very good at breaking up with people. Very good. It requires a lot of skill, but what you do is you tell them the truth of why you are breaking up with them, and after that, you somehow compensate with other things. If you have loved someone, I think that somehow they should always be a part of your life. I really do. I wanted to become.
- The most important relationship you have in life is the one you have with yourself. And then after that, I’d say once you have that, it may be hard work, but you can actually design your life.
- I used the aspects of being a woman to my advantage, but I worked for myself, not a big corporation, so I was lucky to have the freedom to behave however I liked.
- Clarity is the most important thing. I can compare clarity to pruning in gardening. You know, you need to be clear. If you are not clear, nothing is going to happen. You have to be clear. Then you have to be confident about your vision. And after that, you just have to put in a lot of work.
- Insecurity is a waste of time.
- I was terrified the first time that I had a big problem in my business. I was obviously terrified when they diagnosed me with cancer in 1994. I was terrified when my son used to drive too fast. But I do believe in the fact that fear is not an option, so I always try to face it and not be afraid.
- Beauty is perfect, in it’s imperfections. So you just have to go with the imperfections.
- All I can tell you is that I’ve never met a woman who is not strong, but sometimes they don’t let it out. Then there’s a tragedy, and then all of a sudden that strength comes. My message is let the strength come out before the tragedy.
- I don’t like to talk about my dreams. I like to make them happen. I prefer to talk about them when they’re done.
- Confidence. If you have it, you can make anything look good.
- Beware of your thoughts for they become words, beware of your words for they become actions, beware of your actions for they become habits, beware of your habits for they become character, beware of your character for it becomes your destiny.
- I’m often asked what was the worst thing that ever happened to me, what were my biggest challenges. I find it difficult to answer because I have this habit I inherited from my mother that somehow transforms what’s bad into something good, so in the end, I don’t remember what was bad…How could you possibly better yourself if you didn’t face your challenges up front or if you laid your problems off on someone or something else and didn’t learn from them?
- The greatest thing about becoming a grandparent is watching your children become parents. For the first time you realize that they actually heard the things you told them throughout their childhoods.
- The biggest mistake a woman can make is to not be herself in public or private.
- Generosity is the best investment.
- When you pack lightly, you live lightly.
- Absence is to love, what the wind is to fire, when it’s a small fire the wind kills it but when it’s a real fire it intensifies it.
- Passion and persistence are what matter. Dreams are achievable and you can make your fantasy come true, but there are no shortcuts. Nothing happens without hard work.