1. Skin Moisturizer: Cocount oil is totally healthy for your skin as it works wonders. Use before bed each day by rubbing in a circular motion into your face, let sit for 5minutes and the wash off. Coconut oil will hydrate dry skin, and helps to soothe skin after shaving. As a bonus, coconut oil has a natural SPF and is great to protect your skin from sun damage.
2. Reduce Wrinkles- Wrinkles can be so frustrating especially when you look into the mirror and don’t recognise yourself anymore. Coconut oil helps for areas of concern around eyes. Apply oil on the affected part, leave on overnight to soak in, and wake up looking refreshed.
3. Makeup Remover â€“ Coconut easily liquefies applied makeup making it easy to wipe off.
4. Homemade Toothpaste â€“ Mixing equal parts of coconut oil with baking soda is recipe for home made toothpaste.
5. Vaginal Lubricant â€“ Coconut oil is an effective and safe vaginal lubricant. It also has anti fungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties that help keep the vaginal flora healthy.
6. Face Wash â€“ Coconut oil can be used to make a natural face wash. Mix with lavender oil, tea tree oil and raw honey for best results.
7. Sunscreen: Coconut oil is an all natural sunscreen and sunburn remedy. It is SPF 4, just enough to protect against sun damage, and the best of the nonvolatile herbal oils. Reapply as necessary, throughout the day. If you get too much sun, gently rub coconut oil into affected areas and it will promote healing, and soothe the pain.
8. Insect repellent â€“ Mix a tablespoon of coconut oil with a couple of drops of peppermint, rosemary, and tea tree oil to repel flies, mosquitos, gnats, and bees. This is a safe alternative to DEET and can be applied safely on all areas of the body.
9. Anti-Fungal Cream â€“ Due to its antibiotic capabilities, coconut oil can be used topically to treat athletes foot and skin fungus. Apply some to the affected area and either leave it on or wipe off with a paper towel after it has time to set in.
10. Nail Cuticle Oil â€“ Apply coconut oil to your finger beds to reduce the risk of developing fungal infections and to make it easier to push back cuticles so your nails can naturally grow more quickly..
11. Natural Hair Conditioner â€“Coconut oil for hair conditioning has been used for thousands of years to strengthen and style hair. As a moisturizer, coconut oil can help strengthen hair while helping hair to retain moisture. Depending on the length and texture of your hair, you may need anywhere from 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil as a conditioner. Warm in the palms of your hands, and starting at the ends, work the oil into the hair.
12. Prevent and Treat Dandruff â€“ This can help to encourage new hair growth, and will discourage dandruff. Rinse well (and then rinse again), and then style as usual. Your hair should be healthy, shiny, and full of body. If the coconut oil weighs your hair down, use less the next time, and rinse well.
13. Hair De-tangler for Children â€“ Use a small amount of coconut oil on your childrenâ€™sâ€™ hair when itâ€™s extra nutty and needs a natural, smooth solution for getting it brushed easily. Rub oil between your palms and then onto wet hair before combining through.
14. Homemade Exfoliator â€“ Combine oil with organic coconut sugar or ground coffee beans to create a homemade facial or body scrub that will help remove dry skin. Do this twice weekly for smooth skin that is less likely to develop ingrown hairs, acne, blackheads, or other unwanted dullness.
15. Cheek Bone Highlighter â€“ Try using coconut in place of makeup to add shine to your cheek bones and eye lids. This gives you a natural youthful glow and requires no make up, make up removal, or extra expensive products to purchase.
16. Makeup Brush Cleaner â€“ Make up brushes are notorious for carrying loads of built-up harmful bacteria. Rub coconut oil on your make up brushes and leave them for 1-2 hours in order to disinfect them. Then wash thoroughly, although there is no need to worry about any oil remaining on your brush since it wonâ€™t harm your makeup for skin.
17. Hairbrush Cleaner â€“ Use coconut oil in the same way as on your makeup brushes to remove unwanted hair and bacteria from your hair brushes. The oil even works well on delicate bore bristle brushes and helps the hair to easily slide on. Any oil that remains on your brush will only condition the brush bristles and your hair more afterwards.
18. Baby Ointment and Diaper Rash Guard â€“ When your baby experiences painful diaper rash, rub some coconut oil around the affected area to sooth swelling, redness, itch, and burn. Try using 1 tablespoon to start and allow it to seep into the skin.
19. Stretch Mark Reducer â€“ Try rubbing coconut oil all over the stomach during and after pregnancy to reduce unsightly stretch marks that occur when skinâ€™s elasticity is compromised. The oil helps to fade dark marks, discoloration, and redness plus it hydrates the skin and allows it heal more quickly.