Urban Woman Magazine is always looking out for new writing, so send us your work. Every submission will surely be read.
When sending in your article please note the following:
1. Submit your article by filling out all fields below.
2. You can send in any kind of article from stories (fiction, non-fiction); review of places, events or books; essays, lifestyle articles; opinion articles on societal issues, etc.
3. Except when solicited, we do not accept submissions that have been published elsewhere.
4. Simultaneous submissions are fine. However, do notify us when your work is accepted elsewhere.
5. Because we publish for an online audience, we prefer works that are short, sharp, and exciting.
Suggested word count:
- Fiction & Non-Fiction: no more than 2,500 words.
- Book review: no more than 1,500 words.
- Lifestyle articles, opinion articles and essays: no more than 1,500 words.
6. Please include a short bio (compulsory) and link to a photograph of yourself (not compulsory). You can feel free to make the photograph as playful or as formal as you like. You may also add links to pictures which you would like to appear on the article. If the pictures appear suitable, they will be added.
7. Once you submit to the system, an acknowledgement email would be sent to you.
8. We may turn down your submission because of poor grammar, poor punctuation, poor use of tenses, plagiarism etc. Also, we do not publish articles that we feel are misogynistic or articles exhibiting supremacist leanings on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion.
9. We may edit your work and may also change the title. If we change the title, you would be informed.
10. You retain the copyright to your work. However, we do require that you credit Urban Woman Magazine as the original publisher of the work.
11. We hardly ever remove articles that have been published on the site.