Thank you for your interest in writing for Urban Woman Magazine.
Submissions are divided into two:
To pitch to Urban Woman Blog, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject, Blog Submission. You may also submit completed works for consideration. Pitches should include a detailed description of what your piece will look like and when you can turn it around. Please also include links to previously published work if possible.
Urban Woman Magazine is looking for articles written through the lens of a feminist. Articles can be written in the areas of politics, social commentary, popular culture, law, education, art and the environment. High-quality original fiction of no more than 2500 words, and poetry are also acceptable.
Please do not send in articles in the area of fashion, beauty, fitness, travel, food or of a “self-help” variety, film, music and book reviews. These articles are covered in-house.
It is very important that writers read through past issues of the magazine to get familiar with content and style.
Query emails or full manuscripts should also clearly state the topic of proposed article, and a brief bio about the writer. Links to three previously published articles on the web should also be included in the email.
To pitch or send in an article, please send email to email@example.com with the email subject, Magazine Submission.
Rates for blog and magazine submissions vary and are not discussed until query or article has been accepted.
1. When sending in articles, ensure that they have a reasonable word length, as short articles would not be responded to.
2. Except when solicited, we do not accept submissions that have been published elsewhere.
3. Please include a short bio (compulsory) and link to a photograph of yourself (not compulsory). You can feel free to make the photograph as playful or as formal as you like. You may also add links to pictures which you would like to appear on the article. If the pictures appear suitable, they will be added.
4. We may turn down your submission because of poor grammar, poor punctuation, poor use of tenses, plagiarism etc. Also, we do not publish articles that we feel are misogynistic or articles exhibiting supremacist leanings on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion.
5. We may edit your work and may also change the title. If we change the title, you would be informed.
6. We hardly ever remove articles that have been published on the site.