Just in case you all thought misogyny was new and only just starting in the 21st century, we are here to tell you that it has always been in existence. Since time immemorial, men have always degraded women either through their words or actions. Today, it is seen everywhere, from songs to movie dialogues, etc.
What is even more thought provoking is the fact that people still do not see the inequality and say ignorant things like, “today, women are as equal as men”. Well, No Felix, it is still a struggle. Or when they say things like “those are only words, they don’t mean anything”. Well, No Felicia, those words mean a lot and should never have been said in the first place.
Here are some misogynistic quotes made by “great men” who walked the earth. Tighten your seat belts honey, it is about to be a rough ride.
- “When a woman has scholarly inclinations, there is usually something wrong with her sexual organs.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “They have the right to work wherever they want to, as long as they have dinner ready when you get home” – John Wayne
- “Nature intended women to be our slaves… they are our property.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Women are capable of education, but they are not made for activities which demand a universal faculty such as the more advanced sciences, philosophy and certain forms of artistic production.” – George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
- “The words and works of God is quite clear, that women were either made to be wives or prostitutes” – Martin Luther
- “Women are the rails on which men run” – Saul Bellow
- “A little bit of rape is good for a man’s soul” – Norman Mailer
- “Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal, and it is useless to let go the reins and then expect her not to kick over the traces. You must keep her on a tight rein.” – Cato the Elder
- It is the law of nature that women should be held under the dominance of a man – Confucius
- “One hundred women are not worth a single testicle” – Confucius
- “A proper wife should be as obedient as a slave” – Aristotle
- “Henry VIII didn’t get divorced, he just had his wives’ heads chopped off when he got tired of them. That’s a good way to get rid of a woman. No alimony.” – Ted Turner
- “Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians” – Pat Robertson
- “Feminism was created so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of the society.” – Rush Limbaugh
- “Everything in woman is a riddle, and everything in woman hath one solution – it is called pregnancy.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “All the pursuits of men are the pursuits of women also, but in all of them a woman is inferior to a man.” – Plato
- “Women must receive the decisions of fathers and husbands like that of the church.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “Educating a beautiful woman is like pouring honey into a fine Swiss watch: everything stops.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “If it’s legitimate rape, the female body gas ways to try to shut that whole thing down.” – Todd Akin
- “Any woman who does not give birth to as many children as she is capable is guilty of murder” – St. Augustine
- “If rape is inevitable, just relax and enjoy it” – Clayton Williams